ESXLab and VMware Certified Professional - Datacenter Virtualization (VCP5-DV)
According to VMware's own web site, a candidate interested in earning VCP5-DV must accomplish three things:
- Gain knowledge and experience with the VMware vSphere 5 product suite
- Sit and pass the VCP5-DV exam
- Attend an authorized VMware class
Follow this link for full disclosure of VMware requirements for VCP6-DCV.
Note that VMware conveniently only recognizes their own training as meeting item 3 (above). They do not recognize knowledge and ability acquired through self-study, on the job training or training from any third party (such as ESXLab).
What ESXLab recommends for people who want the benefits of VCP6-DCV without the substantial (and often unnecessary) hit to your wallet of having to sit authorized VMware training is:
- Review the VCP6-DCV exam roadmap
- Prepare for the exam through thorough study and practice
- Contact us to explore earning alternative certification in VMware vSphere - the ESXLab Virtualization Certified Specialist (ECVS) exam